Filing for bankruptcy can be a daunting process. Do you need to file for bankruptcy? What chapter is most applicable to your financial situation? What are all the forms and documents that must be gathered and organized? Handling the intimate details of financial laws can be confusing if you are not a certified attorney. Luckily, Brent George Law just opened a new satellite office in Oxnard. This means there is now a firm dedicated to being the most effective bankruptcy attorneys in Ventura County. Do not force yourself to learn the complicated process of filing bankruptcy on your own. Instead, contact an experienced professional to help guide you through the intricate practice.
Benefits of Hiring a Bankruptcy Attorney
There are many benefits to hiring a licensed bankruptcy attorney. You gain the backing of invaluable experience and expertise. You can rest a bit easier with a knowledgeable professional guiding you thorough this difficult process. In fact, you may be able to avoid some large mistakes that would negatively impact your financial future. Before filing, you should ask:
- Is bankruptcy really the best option? Some individuals often file before searching for alternatives. You should be fully aware of what this process can and cannot do in advance.
- Are you filing under the right chapter? Usually, you will choose between chapter 7 and 13, but it is imperative you understand the difference between them as you move forward.
After you choose the right procedures for you, you must fill out forms, set court dates and gather other documents. Without an attorney, you may find that you:
- Fail to file all required documents.
- Choose the wrong real estate and/or property exemptions.
- Confuse financial management and credit counseling.
- Are exposed to improperly handled adversary actions, motions or complaints.
How to Get Help Filing for Bankruptcy
If you really think it might be the best decision to file for bankruptcy, don’t do it alone. Finding quality bankruptcy attorneys in Ventura County is now made easier with Brent George Law’s new Oxnard office. You’ll be guaranteed to find a lawyer there who understands your individual needs and will treat you with the respect and dignity you would expect from a professional. You’ll find that balance with Mr. George and his associates. If you are thinking about filing for bankruptcy, don’ t go a step further without consulting Brent George Law first. Call us to set up a free consultation at either our Thousand Oaks office or our new office in Oxnard.