Accidents and injuries happen every day. Many times they happen by chance. However, sometimes people get injured because someone else acts with negligence or carelessness. If you or someone you love has been hurt because of someone else’s careless actions, you may want to think about speaking with me. You might wonder if having a personal injury lawyer will really make a difference. The fact is that a knowledgeable attorney who is experienced with personal injury law can be the factor that wins your case.
Many Types Of Accidents
There are many different types of accidents that a personal injury lawyer can help you with, including slip and fall accidents, workplace accidents, auto accidents and even dog bites. All of these encompass a unique set of circumstances, but an experienced personal injury attorney can help you or a loved one get the compensation you deserve.
Why A Personal Injury Lawyer Makes the Difference
Some people who have been injured may be reluctant to speak with a lawyer. However, having a personal injury attorney working for you can make a big difference. These are just a few of the things that a personal injury lawyer knows and understands:
- Injury Law – There are many aspects to injury law that a layperson may never think of. Having an attorney who understands all the ins and outs of California’s compensation laws can be huge.
- Insurance Law – Many times an insurance company may be quick to settle when in fact you might be entitled to a lot more if you continue the suit. A personal injury lawyer knows whether or not you are eligible for more.
- Approximate Injury Values – Because the Law Offices of Brent D. George deals with these cases every day, we can make a good-faith estimate of how much each case is worth and what may cause you to get more or less compensation.
- How to Increase Case Value – Typically when you have a personal injury lawyer in your corner, an insurance company will pay you more compensation than if you were representing yourself.
- What To Do In Court – Insurance companies know that you probably won’t go to court if you’re representing yourself, but if you have an attorney then going to court won’t be a problem. This means that they are more likely to settle for the amount you’re asking for.
Get An Experienced Injury Lawyer In Your Court
You might think that representing yourself in an injury case is easier than hiring an attorney. You may have also heard that any extra money you get by hiring a lawyer would simply go to pay his or her salary. However, most of the time, due to their experience, personal injury lawyers will recover more than enough compensation to pay their fees. Therefore, it will usually be better to hire a personal injury lawyer than to go it alone. However, if you aren’t sure where to go next, call Brent D. George and I can give you a free consultation and tell you whether I can help you or not.